Scope of Service Experience
Ted Lightman specializes in real estate acquisition, disposition and financing. He evaluates real estate opportunities, debt financing, investment structures and joint ventures with equity partners. He is involved in the analysis of property submissions for conformity with Charles Wayne investment criteria and in the negotiation of sales and purchases of such properties. In addition, he works on the financing and equity capitalization of new projects. Lightman also handles select third-party brokerage projects.
Background & Experience
Lightman has handled real estate acquisitions and financings for private and public real estate firms totaling over $700 million. He is actively involved on an ongoing basis with the Charles Wayne portfolio, strategically managing the firm’s real estate holdings to maximize investor returns. Lightman is an owner and principal with Charles Wayne Commercial, Charles Wayne’s primary brokerage entity. Lightman joined NAI Realvest in 2016, when Charles Wayne partnered with NAI Realvest, and he was instrumental in the formation of this partnership. Lightman handles select third-party sales and brokerage assignments assisting clients with development and investment properties in retail, industrial, office, and commercial land. His primary geographic focus is along Florida’s I-4 corridor between Orlando and Daytona Beach, and along I-95 from Jacksonville to Cape Canaveral.
Lightman earned his Masters of Business Administration (MBA) from Cornell University in 2004 and his undergraduate Bachelor of Arts degree from Vanderbilt University in 1995.
Professional Associations & Designations
- International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC)
- The National Association of Industrial and Office Properties (NAIOP)
- Certified Commercial Investment Member (CCIM).
- Served on fundraising event committees with the Ronald McDonald House charities.
- Founding member of nPorta, Inc., a real estate software firm in Atlanta, Georgia
- Served as a consultant with Accenture’s Business Process Management division in Atlanta, Georgia.